Lynn
I Want An E-Reader!

I have actually wanted one from the first mention they existed.  My mouth salivated at the thought of 100's of books in one tiny case, my spine tingled at anticipation of technology that would enhance my literary world.

I am a crazy reader!  Which does not mean, hey I read a lot of books, it means I read EVERYTHING!  I read like fat dogs eat scraps or plants need oxygen.  It's my top of the line, life long addiction and there is no cure.  Don't even get me started on cookbooks!  Are you kidding me, food and the written word together is the best possible combination.  The e-reader concept is perfect for someone like me to get their fix without opening their own in home library.  

Seriously, when I go on vacation I take a shopping bag of magazines, books, and puzzle books.  Even then I run out part way through the trip.  I'm not reading 24/7, I just happen to be a very fast reader and when opportunity arises I get through a lot of material.  I get laughed at, mocked, and sometimes even condemned for my love of books.  People who don't read much or who don't enjoy literary pursuits think it's just boring old junk.  I don't care what they say, I know that reading has served me well in my life and I enjoy it.


My problem is this......which one is the right one for me?  I have this problem every time I decide to make a big purchase.  I always fear buyers remorse, you know bringing home something and then finding out something else would have been better, it makes buying really difficult.  One might call this affliction kicking your own arse.  The funny this is I have no desire to keep up with the Joneses, that would make the decision simple, buy expensive.  I simply want the one that is best suited to me. I am not one to buy something and trade up, most often it's first time better last a long time.  This is the reason I still don't have front loading laundry machines (well that and funds ;) ).  

I have read reviews, gotten feedback at the bookstores, and now friends are purchasing e-readers themselves.  I can say I was half tempted to tuck my girlfriend's Kindle under my shirt and head home after touching it's techno-prettiness but I'm simply not suited to a life of crime, even for my book loving cause.   I know she loves it, even enough to purchase another for a family member, but would I love it as much? I just don't know.


You know what I want?  A list.  I want a literal checklist of every single option available on the various units and what options they lack.  A side by side, check mark for check mark comparison of all these bundles of book love.  If anyone has ever seen such a list, please send it to me, it would help so much!  

One day I will own an e-reader but it won't replace books entirely.  Some things still need to be bound and covered, it's just the way it is.....at least in my world.

Have a fabulous day.......with a book LOL!
God Bless,



Labels: | edit post
19 Responses
  1. Rebecca Bany Says:

    I have a sony ereader and a pandigital novel reader. I love them both!
    www.rebeccabany.com


  2. Lesley Says:

    They are all so pretty. I can't decide either.
    I'm trying to con my step mom into giving me hers since she never uses it. Ebooks are cheaper and there's no chance of my dog chewing up an ebook like he does with any book I am stupid enough to leave on the floor.

    PS...word verification sucks! Grrrr...


  3. The Chick Says:

    Sorry about the verification babe, but it keeps me from getting comments that aren't family friendly ;) I moderate too now so I don't miss anyone commenting on older posts.


  4. Posh Says:

    They are wonderful.

    Stopping by to follow and to say hello.
    You can visit me at http://poshonabudget.com/2011/02/happy-thursday-6.html

    Have a great day!


  5. Susana Says:

    Hi

    New follower from Type A Thursday! Would love a follow back...while you are there please enter my caption contest!

    Have a great day!

    Susana
    http://btipsandco.blogspot.com/


  6. I got an iPad last year and I love it for so many reasons, but the eReader part of it is probably my favorite. Good luck with your decision. (I found you on Type A Housewife and am following you with Google Friends.)
    Rivki @Healthy Eating for Ordinary People


  7. Tammilee Says:

    HI
    I am a new follower from the Thursday blog hop.
    I blog at www.tammileetips.com
    Tammilee


  8. Wakela Runen Says:

    I read a ton of books too! And I believe you might be looking for this list http://ebook-reader-review.toptenreviews.com/. I have been looking into getting an ereader too and found this page. I have been seriously thinking about getting a kindle though. You can put ebooks and other things on there that aren't bought through Amazon.


    Hopping on over from the Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop. I am a new follower.

    Wakela's World


  9. I bought my guy a KOBO the day they came out. He loves it because he doesn't have to hold an actual book and turn pages and he has (means I have) downloaded about 50 books onto it. What he doesn't like is that is has no self light so he has to read by a lamp in the house.

    I love it because there are 2 big boxes filled with paperback all about dragons and wizards and mystical crud in the house. They are going to a book store. Now he can have as many dragony books as he wants and I don't have to see them pile up.

    Myself, I love the actual book. Just something about holding it. I love my books.


  10. Cynthia Says:

    I have a Nook Color and LOVE it!!

    Following from Thirsty Thursday. Please come follow me at http://preciouscupcakes.blogspot.com :)

    I have a $25 Jo-Ann's gift card giveaway going on right now :)


  11. Dawn Says:

    I have a kindle & I LOVE it!!!

    New follower, please follow back...thanks! =)

    Dawn
    http://dawn-wemaynothaveitalltogether.blogspot.com/


  12. 1stopmom Says:

    I treated myself to an e-reader for Christmas and I love it. It is a Netbook and I have it with me always!
    Stopping by from Friendly Friday! So nice to meet you :)


  13. .•..¸.•*¨Hopping in From Friday Blog Hops!  Im your newest follower¨¸.•..¸.•*¨  I hope you can hop over and visit soon!¸.•..¸.•*¨Reviews &Giveaways by TheChickenista
    ¸.•..¸.•*¨Off to the next great blog!¸.•..¸.•*¨

    Happy Friday!
    Peace, Love and Much Respect! (✿◠‿◠)

    ~Veronica


  14. PinkMama Says:

    I want one too! My hubby says a IPAD is in my future but when. I use kindle on my pc now LOL! Great blog, from a friday blog hop!


  15. Debra Says:

    I can understand your apprehension. If you buy one then next month will a better version come out? Ugh, the angst of the technical age we live in. Right now I don't have an e-reader & I'm not sure when I'll get on the bandwagon. I still love to hold my books while reading. Have a great weekend!
    Debra


  16. Amanda Kay Says:

    I loved this post! I don't read quite as much (or as fast haha) as you do but I love to read as well. I had a Nook but had to return it when my laptop broke and I needed to purchase a new one. I did love it though and hope to get another one soon!


  17. Debra Says:

    I always fear buyers remorse too. I use the kindle app on an itouch and I really like it. I am a crazy reader too. You are actually one of the only blogs that I have come across that seems to read as much as me.
    It always surprises me the reaction that reading gets. We have a few large bookshelves in our living room that are pretty overflowing, almost everyone that comes over to visit says something like "Wow, who is the reader." It always shocks me that people don't seem to think that reading is important and worthwhile.


  18. Karren Says:

    Hi there your new follower, hope you can come follow me too at http://livelaughlovetoshop.blogspot.com and http://ohmyheartsie.blogspot.com
    I am also following you on Twitter and I am @myllls
    Have a great Sunday
    Karren


  19. Crystal Says:

    Good Morning,
    Here from the blog hop and taking some time this morning to make a few blogging buddies! Following now and hope you can follow back!